Passengers with Reduced mobility (PRM)
Charles de Gaulle Airport offers assistance for passengers whose mobility is reduced due to disability or age.
Plan your journey
Please notify your airline or travel agent of your needs with as much information as possible regarding the level of assistance required.
To enable the necessary preparations, please indicate the nature of your disability when you make your booking :
On arrival (at the airport)
After landing, you should receive assistance within 10 minutes.
The maximum waiting time never exceeds 30 minutes, except for passengers who have not booked service in advance, waiting times are generally between 30-45 minutes.
- Relax in your seat until the other passengers have left the aircraft and wait for the cabin crew’s instructions.
- Your assistant will be waiting for you at the end of the passenger bridge.
If you also require assistance with getting out of the aircraft, staff will either board the plane or wait at the aircraft door.
If you are able to use your own wheelchair exclusively, staff will retrieve it from the hold and bring it to you.
- Your assistant will guide you to the passport control (Non-Schengen flights) and then to the right baggage belt and help you collect your baggage.
- Your assistant will guide you to the drop-off-point in the arrival hall.
The drop-off-points are signposted using standard pictograms and have seats.
You can arrange for someone to collect you from here or continue on your way via routes with disabled access.
On departure (at the airport)
Always verify the check-in times for your airline in advance.
Ensure check-in is completed at the check-in counter at least 60 minutes prior to the flight’s check-In deadline.
- Are you travelling to CDG by public transport (RER or TGV trains) ?
Please make an appointment by submitting your request plus arrival time and location at least 48 hours prior to your departure.
– For RER (Paris by train) at CDG Airport : firstname.lastname@example.org.
– For TGV long distance trains : sncf.force.com/aplus/s/demande-prestation.
- Proceed to “Paris Aéroport” pick-up-points located near the entrances to the terminals or report directly to your airline’s check-in desk.
If necessary, your assistant will have a wheelchair then help you at the check-in.
- Your assistant will accompany you to the aircraft via security check & passport control (Non-Schengen flights).