Departure procedure Paris-Charles de Gaulle airport
Departing passenger at Paris-CDG
Welcome to Paris-CDG !
Visit our Ground transportation section for details about train, bus or taxi to Charles de Gaulle airport.
Always arrive early at the airport with plenty of time to spare will ensure you have a stress-free journey through Charles de Gaulle airport.
- Long-haul : 3 hours before scheduled departure.
- European and French domestic flights : 90 minutes before scheduled departure.
- Passengers using online check-in and do not need to check any baggage can arrive at the airport a bit later than other passengers, directly to boarding gate.
- You can check-in online (recommended).
- You can check-in at the airport using the self-service kiosks or your airline’s check-in counter.
Use the airport monitors for check-in & gate informations.
Visitors from non-European Union countries can reclaim the sales tax (VAT) on purchases.
Take your receipt and form to the nearest French Customs desk, in the public area, before security.
Keep an eye on the monitors for last minute updates concerning gate numbers and boarding times.
Boarding usually begins around 45 min. before departure for long-haul flights and 30 min. before schedule for domestic and medium-haul flights.
Gate closes 10-20 minutes before departure.