Departure procedure Paris-Charles de Gaulle airport
Departure procedure at Paris-CDG
Welcome to Paris-CDG !
Visit our Ground transportation section for details about train, bus or taxi to Charles de Gaulle airport.
Always arrive early at the airport in order to allow plenty of time for check-in procedures, baggage drop-off and security checks.
- Long-haul : 3 hours before scheduled departure.
- European and French domestic flights : 90 minutes before scheduled departure.
- Passengers using online check-in and do not need to check any baggage can arrive at the airport a bit later than other passengers, directly to boarding gate.
Please consider the times given by your airline for dropping bags, collecting boarding cards and arriving at the gate.
Check the instructions on your ticket and from your travel agent or booking website.
Paris-Charles de Gaulle airport has three terminals.
Terminal 2 complex is split into seven sub-terminals : 2A, 2B, 2C, 2D, 2E, 2F and 2G.
- You can check-in online (recommended).
- You can check-in at the airport using the self-service kiosks or your airline’s check-in counter.
Use the airport monitors for check-in & gate informations.
Visitors from non-European Union countries can reclaim the sales tax (VAT) on purchases.
When you get to the airport, take your receipt and form to the nearest French Customs desk, in the public area, before security.
Keep an eye on the monitors for last minute updates concerning gate numbers and boarding times.
Boarding usually begins around 45 min. before departure for long-haul flights and 30 min. before schedule for domestic and medium-haul flights.
Gate closes 10-20 minutes before departure.