How to claim tax refund
From your retailer
- Find a shop that offers tax-free shopping.
- Tell the shop assistant that you want to use tax-free shopping.
- Show your passport or other identity document proving your residence outside the EU.
- The shop assistant will give you a Tax Free form with the necessary details.
At the airport
- Proceed at a tax refund desk when you arrive at the airport for your return journey.
- Do this before checking in your baggage, before security, and ensure you have the items and documents with you for inspection.
French Customs tax refund desks (“Détaxe”) are open during flight operation hours.
If you have a Tax Free form displaying PABLO logo, you can have your goods stamped at any PABLO barcode reader.
Where to claim tax refund (Détaxe)
PABLO Tax refund self-service kiosks
PABLO barcode readers are located near to Customs desks.
1- Select your language
2- Scan the bar code on your form
3- Obtain Customs approval
A green screen will appear with the message ″OK, form valid″.
Tax refund desks (French Customs) at Charles de Gaulle airport
|Where to find French Customs :|
|Terminal 1||CDGVAL Level (Hall 6)|
|Terminal 2A||Exit 5|
|Terminal 2C||Exit 12|
|Terminal 2E||Departures level, Exit 8d|
|Terminal 2F||Arrivals level, Exit 10a|
|Terminal 3||Departures, after security|
VAT cash reimbursement
After security, you can bring your Tax Free form (validated By French Customs) & passport to a “Cash Paris” or “Travelex” booth.
You will receive your VAT refund in cash (€) or can have it transferred to your credit card (which takes four to six weeks).